San Luis Obispo Weather: 61.9°F | Humidity: 72% | Pressure: 29.90in (Rising) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

Snowy Valentine's Day
updated: Feb 15, 2013, 12:00 PM

We're vacationing in Wisconsin. The frozen lakes are incredibly beautiful. We celebrated Valentine's Day on the ice while ice fishing! We got the warm hugs back at the cabin with a hot toddy. A Valentine to be remembered.

2013-02-15 12:03 PM

Vacationing in Wisconsin??

Isn't that a contradiction in terms? LOL. I thought Wisconsinites came here to vacation?

2013-02-15 12:06 PM

Nope, not so 374. There is a lot of fun to be had there. Great people. Ever seen the movie Fargo? Not too far off the truth.

2013-02-15 12:10 PM

Fargo is actually in North Dakota. But I'll let it slide this time. ~Former Minnesotan

2013-02-15 12:19 PM

Did you catch any fish?

2013-02-15 12:27 PM

742, Never saw Fargo but I hear it is a very violent movie. I hope your not saying Wisconsin is a violent place. Wink, wink, I know that is not what your referring too.

2013-02-15 12:43 PM

My wife and I just spent some time with my family in the midwest. She's from California, and commented on how much nicer people were there. I couldn't agree more.

2013-02-15 02:44 PM

Fargo = Woodchipper

2013-02-15 03:02 PM

Oh come on now people. The Fargo reference was about the nice people in the movie that will give you directions for a half an hour to make sure you get where you are going not Steve Beschemi's nasty character.

2013-02-15 03:10 PM

I am from Wisconsin too. I have lived on the Central Coast for most of my life. Most people think it's more beautiful here in SB, but that is not true. We have the best weather along with a beautiful scenery, which makes it very attractive to live here.

I have been to many cities and states, most have some kind of beauty to them. It's in the eye of the beholder.

The difference between a weed and a flower? Judgement!

2013-02-15 04:01 PM

No one vacations in WI in February. You're there for clandestine purposes, like family.

2013-02-15 06:14 PM

"Fargo" is a terrrific movie. Saw it 3 times nd never tire of it. Frances McDormand is a gem.

2013-02-15 06:53 PM

I'm also from Wisconsin and I miss the winter's beauty. All the seasons, really. It's a beautiful state and I was jealous that the OP is vacationing there this time of year. Ice fishing sounds fun. I've been in Santa Barbara county for 40 years and I love it here, but I do miss my old stomping grounds. However, I do not miss shoveling snow.

2013-02-16 08:26 AM

I never saw Fargo either, it IS a movie, right?

38% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.