San Luis Obispo Weather: 63.0°F | Humidity: 42% | Pressure: 30.00in (Rising) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

Free Newsletter
    Send the last good SLO picture you took to slo@edhat.com login  twitter  facebook  RSS 

Advertise on Edhat
Advertise on Edhat
News Events Referrals Deals Classifieds Comments About

more articles like this

Online Federal Tax Forms
updated: Jan 22, 2013, 12:06 PM

By Edhat Subscriber

I need to refile my federal tax return for 2010 and I would like to do it online or with some sort of software like Turbotax. Does anyone know where I can find the software or online link for the 2010 federal forms? Thanks for any help on this!

Comments in order of when they were received | (reverse order)

 COMMENT 366141 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 12:14 PM

Google IRS. They have all the forms, past and present there.


 COMMENT 366142P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 12:15 PM

It looks like you might also be able to find them at this link:
Good luck.


 COMMENT 366147P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 12:22 PM

sorry, the link I posted doesn't seem to work. Here's a link to the 2010 1040 form: http://www.unclefed.com/IRS-Forms/2010/f1040.pdf
...and here is a link to general 2010 forms you can choose if the 1040 is not the one you need: http://www.unclefed.com/IRS-Forms/2010/10indvlforms.html


 COMMENT 366148P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 12:27 PM

Several items I read said the deadline has passed for e-filing of 2010 taxes. Perhaps someone else has other info.


 COMMENT 366210 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 02:33 PM

According to Intuit (makers of TurboTax), you can't amend a tax return online. You have to mail it in.


 COMMENT 366379P agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-22 06:45 PM

You can only e-file the current tax year (2012). All past years have to be mailed in. Amendments always have to be mailed. The IRS web site has all the forms needed. (I have not heard of any software such as TurboTax or TaxAct that helps with amendments.)


 COMMENT 366484 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-23 07:21 AM

You can obtain previous TurboTax software at softwarestore dot com. They go back several years.


 COMMENT 366515 agree helpful negative off topic

2013-01-23 08:50 AM

While you can certainly fill out the form or use an online program, you will need to print and mail in the amended return...also note that it is not the same form 1040, but rather 1040x to signify that you are filing an amended return.


50% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.



Add Your Comments

Edhat Username



Don't have an Account?

Don't know if you have an account?

Don't remember your account info?


ENJOY HAPPY HOUR! ... Between 4:00pm & 5:00pm only happy comment are allowed on the Edhat Comments Board.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.

Hide Your Handle
NOTE: We are testing a new Comment Preview Page. You must hit OK on the next page to have your comment go live. Send Feedback to ed@edhat.com.

get a handle   |  lost handle




  See more articles like this

# # # #


Send To a Friend
Your Email
Friend's Email

Top of Page | Printer-Friendly Page

  Home Subscribe FAQ Jobs Contact copyright © 2003-2015  
Edhat, Inc.