San Luis Obispo Weather: 69.8°F | Humidity: 69% | Pressure: 29.82in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 2.2mph [forecast]

Bad Kitties
updated: Dec 15, 2012, 7:48 PM

By Dan Seibert

I spent most of the day today away from home. So now I'm reading up on today's posts on Edhat. I was watching the great video by the senior class of DP when I realized there was a lot of noise behind me. Looking around I see the kitties tearing up a roll of toilet paper, and then I see the package they busted into. . . They love TP.

2012-12-15 08:35 PM

hahaha--little deevils!

2012-12-15 09:35 PM

Like kids with bubble wrap! haha

I like how the one on top of the pack is looking down at it like, "I'm gonna tear you apart!"

BLUEB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-15 10:16 PM

My cat loves to scratch on the roll as it spins on the toilet paper holder, sort of like a soft, rotating scratching post! I would often wake up in the morning with a big pile of ripped up toilet paper on the bathroom floor, and just a few scraps left on the roll. Now I have purchased various containers, e.g., vertical wire-framed, to hold the toilet paper rolls in the bathroom.

2012-12-15 11:07 PM

Big Smile Here! Applause for kitties and you. Hope you can spare a roll. And find them some new interesting toys, but I guess TP IS pretty cheap. lol Now you know to put it in a cupboard right away. I didn't have to; it's one thing my cat didn't attack.
Thanks for the fun pics!

My cat goes for both flat sheets of newspaper and balled up scrap paper on the living room floor; she'll attack and chase it in the middle of the night, and go Cat Rocket all by herself. I love the sound of her claws digging into the carpet as makes the tiny turn from one room to another at full tilt. I just smile in my half-sleep, it happens at 2-4 a.m. Don't forget the paper bags with the rims rolled down. And the catnip. ;-) This cat demands it.
My cheapest toy is a stick or cat toy rod under a sheet of newspaper, which can create super attacks. I need to buy the irresistible feather toys I've been told of. Must go to ASAP for that, to benefit them.

ASAP has great stuff for sale in the front office, for people and cats! And great shirts! Yes I am a booster. Google "ASAP." Best, just go there! 5473 Overpass Rd., off Patterson, part of the SB County Animal Shelter. 9 - 5.

I'm pretty sure you know all this already! Always good to share cat ideas though.

2012-12-15 11:41 PM

Liked your pics all week but glad the kitties are getting some coverage again, thanks Dan

MESARATS agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-16 01:56 AM

Thank you Dan. I was starting to have kitty withdrawals. (and I have 3)

SUSIECHAOS agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-16 04:56 AM

Better watch your paper towel rolls too, Dan! Thanks for sending an update; like Mesarats I was having kitty withdrawals!

2012-12-16 07:13 AM

I just realized from the white paws that these are two different cats -- looks like you have your hands full with these rascals! They are a couple of beauties...

2012-12-16 10:21 AM

Thanks for a laugh this morning. Good thing you buy a big package of TP!

2012-12-16 10:32 AM

Our cat would unroll the whole roll on the holder. Just put it on backwards and she would give it a couple of spins and give up.

2012-12-16 11:20 AM

TQ, Dan.
Was nice to wake up to a kitty-fix this morning.
701 is quite correct. "Backwards" is forwards in a cat-infested home no matter what Ann Landers may think.

FLICKA agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-16 12:33 PM

Good to see the kitties again. Please keep us informed more often.

2012-12-16 01:24 PM

And I thought cats had no use for TP !

2012-12-16 05:20 PM

Oh, the horror.!.......................the horror!

2012-12-17 07:29 PM

YAY!!! The kitties are back! Please post photos more often. Times are hard and a lot of us need a reason to smile. Think of it as a public service. Thanks!

40% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.