San Luis Obispo Weather: 50.6°F | Humidity: 88% | Pressure: 29.91in (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: West | Wind Speed: 0.0mph [forecast]

KRUZ?
updated: Dec 01, 2012, 10:30 AM

Anybody know what happened to KRUZ? It's no longer 97.5. I go to their website and it says its now at 106.7, I go there and it's pure static. I need to listen to my girl Adele.

2012-12-01 11:03 AM

Oh no...I was wondering when it was going to happen. I thought they were going through Dec.

I'll miss hearing Hillary and rest. Loved all the prizes they gave away. No one does it like that any more.

2012-12-01 11:13 AM

And KTYD gives away big prizes. Oh sure. I love the stuttering Morning Show. And KLITE? She doesn't even know who The Police are. lol

2012-12-01 12:12 PM

No loss with Kruz, they defected to Ventura a long time ago and had very little love or connection for Santa Barbara.

2012-12-01 12:25 PM

106.7 is static because KRUZ became WKRU and moved to Green Bay, Wisconsin.

2012-12-01 12:54 PM

97.5? I remember when it was 103.3 and playing the Muzak version of Like a Virgin.

2012-12-01 12:55 PM

Corporate radio politics; end of an era.

2012-12-01 01:36 PM

Blue tooth audio with your iPhone or iPod. Gave up on radio and XM/Sirius too. Too much static and lost signals. They beg me to pay them $25 for a year. No thanks.

2012-12-01 01:46 PM

189, bad address......

2012-12-01 01:53 PM

256P - bad comprehension. Read the url (edited to be able to post since the nanny censors urls from non-members)

SEEDLADY agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 01:56 PM

good time to get Pirate Radio from Netflix and watch it again!

2012-12-01 03:57 PM

The have been sold to a Christian group (true) they are in connection with guys from chick-fil A ( possibly true)

REXOFSB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-01 05:20 PM

@92: Dog forbid that's true, but if it is, they can change their call letters to KLAN.

2012-12-01 08:38 PM

Haha that is funny Rex. I'm almost sure it's true as I have heard from friends and in an article.

2012-12-02 08:10 AM

The ownership of 97.5 swapped signals with a Christian group in Eugene Oregon. Eugene lost the God rock and gained a pop station. We lost a pop station and gained God rock. I wonder is they a picketing in Eugene for playing the devils music?

2012-12-02 08:50 AM

So what if they are connected to "Chick Fillet"? What has that got to do with anything in radio braodcasting. Should every radio station that has sponsors that sell cars be chastised because some green fanatic hates cars, which they claim are killing the planet with controversial assertions cars are creating "global warming"? The attempts to work some childish, biased and vitriolic political agenda into everything is sick and defies any evidence of the ability to engage in rational thought processes and common sense in lieu of emmotional hype!

2012-12-02 10:03 AM

I have a story to share on this subject but it will have to wait until tomorrow. RIP KRUZ...

2012-12-02 10:22 AM

106.7 only valid if you're in Green Bay. I used to work for Cumulus...talk about a cheap and heartless corporation.

2012-12-02 11:07 AM

I started listening to the Greenbay, Wisconsin KRUZ... the commercials are AWESOME. It's like an episode of Bobby's World!

2012-12-02 02:29 PM

437 I feel your emotional issues go way deeper than this thread. Everything is going to be ok. I was just telling OP what I had actually heard about KRUZ..jeeeeeezzzz...

2012-12-02 02:33 PM

I've listen to that station for two days
Now and every song has sounded exactly the same... I miss KRUZ already... Rip.

2012-12-02 02:58 PM

It's the same ol' story with a lot of these postings on edhat. EVERY topic turns into an "US vs. THEM" mindset.

A reminder to try to look for what unites us with others and not always jumping to conclusions and assumptions that divide us from them. ... Peace out.

2012-12-02 03:36 PM

I get sick to my stomach with postings that turn flat-out defamatory just because the subject of the posting in some way disagrees with someone else's personal opinion. I think edhat should enforce some criteria in postings, that it's okay to disagree, but NOT okay to be so disagreeable or insulting.

2012-12-02 04:13 PM

im glad they switched it to a Christian station. more people have an opportunity to hear some awesome music

2012-12-02 04:14 PM

You want to post what you want, but someone can't post what they want because they have to take your feelings into account? This is a comment board for crying out loud. This is not supposed to cater to one person or the other, this is who we live with, drive, work with in this town. I cant be so disagreeable? I can't understand that logic. If someone feels strong about something why can't they be soooo disagreeable? I am a person just like you in a free country to post as such. People are insulting on the internet because its just a comment, they don't know or care who you are. If You knew who you were talking to it might change the "insulting" point of view. These post should never insult anyone because they are just words

2012-12-02 04:46 PM

Songs are actually good. Some of them were played on KRUZ before so not sure the big issue with some. In my opinion a nice change. Options for all with radio stations now.

REXOFSB agree helpful negative off topic

2012-12-02 05:29 PM

Have you ever noticed that when you're out in the middle of the boondocks, the only stations you ever seem to get on your car radio are religious jeezlers praying to get your $$$, and Spanish-language? Why is that?

2012-12-02 05:35 PM

rex Because people with zero education can't afford to live in a populated city.

2012-12-03 03:03 PM

Kruz lives on at I heart radio

21% of comments on this page were made by Edhat Community Members.